Glory to God for He is faithful (1 Corinthians 1:9).
Brethren were gathered in the ASF Auditorium amidst the outpouring of rain. Every one was full of excitement and joy was written over the face of people.
The programme started with opening prayer from Olaniyi Miracle where we thanked God for His benevolence over our life. We also prayed to enter the presence of God sanctified and holy. It was a great start for us.
Akinsowon Ruth was next on the podium as she led us through another round of prayers of thanksgiving- we thanked God mainly for His love for us. She read into our hearings pointing out why and how we should appreciate God for His love. We appreciate God for His love.
Omisakin Olufela stepped on the podium still speaking on the love of God. He mentioned that there are three major types of love: Agape love, philia love, erotic love, that Agape love is expressed ONLY from God to man. He asked that we think of one thing God has done for us and thank God for that.
Omisakin Olufela went ahead to speak on “Salvation” with reference as 1 Corinthians 15:45. God spoke through him and these are the outline of his message:
- The first Adam is the Adam mentioned in Genesis 2&3, the last Adam is Jesus.
- God created man in His own image and likeness and gave man dominion over everything.
- Satan was not happy with the above point because he was interested in the dominion God has given Adam. Isaiah 42:12-15, Revelations 12:7-9.
- God commanded Adam not to eat of the tree of the Knowledge of good and evil. The day he eats it, He will die. Genesis 2:7.
- To take the glory from man, the devil needed to kill man. Mark 3:27.
- The devil made Adam eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, man’s eyes was opened and his death could not be compromised. Genesis 3:1-7.
- Every man born after this was connected to the first Adam. Romans 5:14.
- Everyone who died before the resurrection of Jesus died a sinner and all went to Hades. Acts 2:27-34. Luke 16:23, Revelation 20:14.
- God’s intention is to shed blood for the remission of sins. Hebrews 9:11-22.
- Man’s redemption started at the last supper where Jesus gave his flesh and blood to the disciple, signifying triumph over death. Luke 22:19-20.
- The Holy Spirit and the Father left Jesus at the garden of Gethsemane where he was arrested. Luke 22:39-46.
- Jesus was insulted and threatened as a criminal because he carried the sin of every man, he was nailed to the cross.1 Peter 2:24.
- Jesus went to hell as a sinner where he preached the gospel. 1 Peter 3:19, Ephesians 4:7-9.
- He encountered death & Satan. And he conquered them. He collected the keys from them and was able to release the saints in hell. Revelations 1:18.
- Jesus rose on the third day.
- It is important that we accept Jesus has done for us by believing with our heart and confess with me out.
We then prayed on the Salvation of our lives asking God to take all of us and become all in life.
We also prayed for lost souls all over the world especially in Ede, Osun State. Sick people were also remembered in our prayers.
The programme ended around 9pm after announcements from Omisakin Olufela.
Glory to God!